The Reebok Boxing Boot was created with performance in mind by one of the most popular performance product makers on the market. It’s a boxing boot made with both safety and performance in mind. Recently Reebok decided to change who was able to receive this boot, it was once only exclusive to pros, but is now available to the general public again (yes, you can rejoice.) Features include the following:
- Synthetic Nubuck
- Ankle strap for a locked-in feel and added support
- EVA midsole for cushioning
- Full rubber outsole for traction and durability
- High-top design
Breakdown of Features:
The ankle strap adds stability to your ankle, but also keeps the boot from sliding around under your feet as you quickly move. The EVA midsole also keeps your feet comfortable, which is great, since most boxers tend to stay on their feet for long amounts of time. The sole is fully rubber, which allows for better traction and also improves the longevity of the boot. I’m sure this goes without saying, but traction is an important part of boxing due to the quick nature of the movements, the last thing- or one of the last things- you want to do is lose your balance when going in for a swing.
My first thought after looking at the Reebok Boxing Boot was about how sleek and modern its design is. It’s a little more than minimalist, but a far-reach from flashy. The second observation I made was how great the stitching looks. This may not sound important but, like any article of clothing, stiches are the only thing holding the boot together- so it’s very important that the process is done with care to create a quality seam.
Who is this Product Aimed At?
This product is for anyone who wants a quality boxing boot, regardless of experience level as it can be used at any experience level. More often than not the products you can easily acquire are not intended for professional use, but this is one of the rare cases where that’s not the case. This boot was originally sold to the public, but after realizing its potential and popularity, Reebok made it exclusive to professional boxers only. Recently they allowed it to be purchased by the general public again. If anything, this should show you what a quality boxing boot Reebok can make!
- Durability: this boxing boot was built to last, from the synthetic Nubuck that the top is made from, the durable ankle strap in place for added stability, all the way down to the entirely rubber sole, this shoe screams “long-term return-on-investment.”
- Proven performance: I don’t want to bring it up again, but if having it on the market exclusively for professional boxers didn’t prove it to you, I don’t know what will.
- The look: these boots are not your standard run-of-the-mill short, black, boxing boots that we’ve all come to conjure up as our go-to image of what boxing boots look like. On the other hand, you’re also not walking around with a neon sign on your feet (and no judgement if that’s your thing.) These boots fall somewhere between too bland and too much, making them a perfect choice for almost everyone as far as looks are concerned. By the way, they do have two different options for colors.
- Not intended for MMA: there are very few boots out there that are suitable for both boxing and MMA, and these are not those types of boots. However, the good news is that most boots that are designed for both, aren’t really specialized for either. Let me put it this way: if your toilet was broken would you want an okay plumber who was also an okay car salesman to come fix it? Or would you prefer a great plumber who would make a terrible car salesman because he’s so good at plumbing? Personally, I’d prefer the one who’s specialized for what I need, and this boot, although would make a terrible plumber, is a great boxing boot.
- High-top: this may be a deal-breaker for someone who prefers low-top boxing boots, but it’s more a matter of preference than a matter of performance.
The Final Verdict
I would absolutely recommend this boot to anyone who enjoys boxing. This is a quality boot, made by a quality performance footwear company that has stood the test of time. They did a phenomenal job creating a product that is truly durable, performance-enhancing, and visually pleasing to look at.
The Reebok Boxing Boot is a great option for anyone who wants to get into boxing, or someone who’s a boxing professional. The price is an absolute steal given the quality of this boot and I would highly recommend considering it.